MANAYUNK (WPVI) -- High levels of carbon monoxide forced several people out of their homes in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia.
Firefighters were called to the 4500 block of Baker Street at 2 a.m. Monday.
Action News is told a carbon monoxide alarm alerted one of the homeowners to a possible leak.
Residents were evacuated as PGW crews checked three homes.
High levels of the odorless gas were detected in two of them.
There was no immediate word on the source of the fumes.
No one was injured in the incident.
All homes, apartments and multi-family dwelling units in Pennsylvania are now required to have a working carbon monoxide detector within 15 feet of sleeping areas.
The new requirement took effect in June.
Carbon monoxide fumes prompt evacuation in Manayunk
More TOP STORIES News