Muppet is a rescue dog who Sharon Bendy of Atco says saved her life. During the night about two weeks ago Muppet kept waking Sharon.
Sharon explains, "She would come in every 15 minutes and lay her head next to mine and breathe on me and moan. She was a nudge and kept nudging me until I got up."
It turns out that Bendy, who's had allergic reactions before, was moments away from a serious attack. She went in to anaphylactic shock, passed out and had to be rushed to the hospital.
"I would have died," she said.
Sharon and her family are convinced Muppet saved her life.
Sharon tells us, "I really think that's what she was doing. She was trying to get me up. She doesn't normally come in my room."
Elsei Bendy, Sharon's daughter, says, "I don't think my mom would be here right now if Muppet didn't wake her up. And that's the truth because she's had anaphylactic shock before and it wasn't as bad as it was 2 weeks ago."
The irony and the heartbreak for Sharon Bendy is that even though Muppet may have saved her life, she can't return the favor. Muppet is suffering from an invasive, terminal cancer.
Muppet was found on a roadside in Hammonton when she was just a puppy. A lab-retriever mix, she was injured and abandoned, but has grown to be, until recently, a healthy active member of this pet-loving family.
"She's been acting like a normal dog, out catching snowballs, that kind of stuff like nothing's wrong at all," says Sharon.
It's unclear how much time Muppet has left, but when Sharon Bendy makes the decision to end life for Muppet she'll be saying goodbye to more than man's best friend... because Muppet's also been a lifesaver.