Gambler sues, says he lost $500,000 playing drunk

LAS VEGAS (AP) - March 5, 2014

Southern California retiree Mark Johnston is suing the Downtown Grand for loaning him money and allowing him to play while he was blackout drunk.

Nevada law bars casinos from allowing visibly drunk patrons to gamble and from serving them comped drinks.

Johnston's attorney Sean Lyttle says the Grand, which opened late last year, is countersuing Johnston for trying to shirk his gambling debts. The Grand did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The state Gaming Control Board is investigating.

Copyright © 2019 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.