Fast facts about daylight saving time
It's almost time to spring forward! Daylight saving time 2021 begins at 2 a.m. local time on Sunday, March 14, meaning you'll set your clock to 3 a.m. at that point.
- It's daylight saving time, no "s." (Because we're saving daylight.)
- By act of Congress, beginning in 2007, daylight saving time begins in the United States on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November.
- Every state in the U.S. observes daylight saving time except for Hawaii and most of Arizona. The American territories of American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands also do not observe daylight saving time.
- The most recent state to change its daylight time policy was Indiana, which adopted the use of daylight time state-wide in 2006.
- We'll be "springing forward" in just a few days. This year's daylight saving time begins on March 14, 2021.
Copyright © 2023 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.