SWEDESBORO, N.J. (WPVI) -- Gloucester County emergency crews responded to a high school after a chemistry lab mishap Monday morning.
Kingsway Regional High School Superintendent James Lavender says something went wrong with an experiment at the school in southern New Jersey's Woolwich Township that released potentially toxic fumes around 7:40 a.m. Monday.
The 12 students in the class and five faculty members were taken by school bus to Crozer-Chester Medical Centers in Upland, Pennsylvania, for precautionary exams.
Police say no one was seriously injured.
Lavender said he did not know what chemicals were involved in the fume release.
The high school was evacuated for more than an hour while crews ventilated the building.
Students have since returned to class.
Information from The Associated Press was used in the writing of this story.
Students, teachers hospitalized after chemistry lab mishap in N.J.
More TOP STORIES News