LEVITTOWN, Pa. (WPVI) -- Officials say an artificial Christmas tree was too blame for an apartment fire in Levittown, Bucks County.
Flames broke out just after 5:00 p.m. Wednesday in one of the buildings at the Foxwood Manor Apartments, located in the 2100 block of Veterans Highway.
Heavy fire was showing when fire crews arrived on the scene.
Officials say an artificial Christmas tree that was too close to heat was what sparked the blaze.
A civilian was taken to the hospital for observation and a firefighter was treated and released.
The flames were brought under control by 6:00 p.m.
The Red Cross is helping 16 families affected by the blaze.
More TOP STORIES News