House fire knocks out power in Port Richmond neighborhood

PORT RICHMOND (WPVI) -- Officials say a house fire caused a power outage in a Port Richmond neighborhood in Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.

The fire broke out around 3:15 a.m. on the 7300 block of Pittville Avenue.

Fire crews arrived to heavy flames showing inside a vacant house.

Officials say the blaze caused the block to lose power after transformers and wires came down.

PECO crews were called to the scene to make repairs.

There were no reports of any injuries or word on what sparked the blaze.
Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.