Video shows hoverboard catching fire in Washington state mall

EMBED </>More Videos

Dramatic video shows a hoverboard on fire at a mall in Washington state - and someone rushing in to douse the flames with a fire extinguisher.

One of the holiday season's hottest toys caused quite a commotion at a Washington state mall.

A shopper captured dramatic video of a hoverboard on fire outside of a store.

Witnesses say the hoverboard burst into flames twice for no apparent reason, that it just appeared to explode.

It is just the latest in a string of fire incidents involving hoverboards.

The cause isn't clear.

The National Association of State Fire Marshals has issued an advisory, saying the incidents are not unique and consumers need to do their homework before buying one.

EMBED More News Videos

A shopper captured dramatic video of a hoverboard on fire outside of a store. Witnesses say the hoverboard burst into flames twice.

Related Topics:
shoppingconsumer concernsu.s. & world
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)