Dog food bag on stove leads to fire

March 4, 2009 8:13:07 AM PST
Firefighters were called out to an apartment fire in Darby, Pa. Wednesday morning after a fire was started by a bag of dog food on a stove.Investigators say the fire started in the second floor apartment of a homeland security officer and his K-9.

According to firefighters, someone on the first floor flipped a breaker. That action turned on the stove in the officer's apartment.

A bag of dog food sitting on the stove caught fire.

The flames spread to the carbinets, but firefighters quickly got everything under control.

No one was injured.

CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter

CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website

CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments