NJ man dies in Deptford house fire

July 24, 2009 1:12:34 PM PDT
Authorities say a New Jersey man who was a quadriplegic died of smoke inhalation and burns in a house fire. The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office says Joseph Rucci was confined to the bedroom where the fire broke out in his Deptford home.

The cause of the fire is considered accidental. Authorities say the 57-year-old was a smoker and cigarette butts and ash trays were found around his bed.

Rucci was pronounced dead at Cooper Hospital early Friday.

Follow Action News on Twitter

Get Action News on your website

Follow Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments