5 workers overcome by carbon monoxide at NJ farm

March 13, 2011 6:02:05 PM PDT
Five workers at a southern New Jersey farm were hospitalized Sunday after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

Hammonton police say the five - whose names were not released - were found outside a greenhouse on the farm around 8:20 a.m. They were taken to Virtua Berlin Hospital for treatment and were expected to fully recover.

The leak apparently was caused by a faulty heater or pipe in the greenhouse on the Pine Road property, but officials say the investigation is ongoing.


Load Comments