- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cubed sirloin steaks (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; mix well. In another shallow dish, combine egg, water, and pepper; mix well. Dip steaks in egg mixture then in bread crumb mixture, coating completely.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steaks and cook 3 minutes per side. Arrange steaks in baking dish. Top with sauce and bake 15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle steaks with mozzarella cheese and bake 3 to 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and light golden. Serve immediately.
NOTE: Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Smashed Potatoes - 6 to 8 servings
- 4 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Place potatoes in a soup pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients and "smash" potatoes with a potato masher to the desired consistency, leaving some chunks. Serve immediately, or place in a casserole dish and keep warm in a 250°F. oven for up to an hour before serving.