The blaze started on Tuesday morning at around two, on the first floor of a house in the 10,000 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Flames quickly spread to the second floor and an apartment attached to the dwelling. All the residents managed to scramble to safety.
It took firefighters a long time to put out the flames, because the fire was being fed by gas in a propane tank.
After the blaze was out, hazardous material crews were called in to clean up the mess.
So far, there's no word from investigators on whether they have any witnesses or suspects in the case.