The Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA) between Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Chrysler was disbanded last month, with Mitsubishi and Hyundai selling their stakes to Auburn Hills, Mich.-based Chrysler for an undisclosed amount.
Chrysler says the move will have no effect on workers making the codeveloped engines at a plant in Dundee, Mich. The plant will continue to produce engines for the Dodge Caliber, Avenger, Jeep Compass and Patriot and Chrysler Sebring.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys