- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless pork loin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pickled green peppercorns, drained or 2 tablespoons capers, drained (see tip)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and half the pork; cook 2 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to a platter and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining oil, butter, and pork; transfer to platter.
Discard garlic. Add peppercorns and lemon juice to skillet; cook 30 seconds then pour sauce over pork, and serve immediately.
TIP: Pounding the pork loin tenderizes the meat and allows it to cook faster. A bit of tangy green peppercorn sauce flavors these pork medallions nicely. Look for pickled green peppercorns in the condiment aisle of your supermarket.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2008 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.