- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 4 apples, cored and quartered (peeled, optional)
- 1 pork loin roast, 3 ½ - 4 pounds
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4-6 carrots, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces, or 20 baby carrots
- 1 cup new potatoes or red potatoes, quartered (1 inch pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped herbs such as thyme and parsley
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Arrange onions and apples on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Rub pork roast with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker on top of the onions and apples.
Place carrots and potatoes around roast. Sprinkle the roast with garlic and herbs.
Combine the cider, vinegar, ginger and brown sugar and pour alongside the roast.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.