Pets killed in Montco house fire

LOWER GWYNEDD, Pa. - July 15, 2012

Crews were called out to the 800 block of Wooded Pond Road just before midnight after the homeowners dialed 911 reporting a fire in their basement.

Arriving crews were met with heavy smoke pouring from the home and quickly went to work battling the blaze.

Officials tell Action News the blaze burned through a water pipe causing water to spill into the basement.

Residents of the home were able to escape without injury.

The family's pets, two cats, a bird and a gerbil, were killed in the blaze.

There is no word yet what sparked the incident.

Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.