6 rescued in Chester fire, propane tank explosion likely cause

CHESTER, Pa. - January 8, 2014

The two alarm fire broke out in a vacant two story house around 6:30 p.m. in the 1400 block of Perkins Street.

The fire then spread to an occupied home.

Chester firefighters and neighbors rescued six people from the house.

Officials believe the fire was caused by a propane tank explosion.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was brought under control in an hour.

Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.