PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Welcome to the unofficial start of summer in the greater Philadelphia area!
Memorial Day weekend is here, which means there's plenty to do in the City of Brotherly Love and beyond while families and friends have a long weekend to enjoy.
6abc has gathered a list of events happening this holiday weekend:
- Parks on Tap at Clark Park in West Philadelphia (May 27-29)
- The Philadelphia Renaissance Faire at Fort Mifflin (May 27-29)
- Paddle Penn's Landing returns for the summer season (May 27 - September 4)
- Night Tours: Summer Twilight at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia (May 27 - September 4)
OPEN FOR THE SUMMER
- Rothman Orthopaedics Roller Rink in Center City (open through July 16)
- Independence Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest (open through September 24)
- Spruce Street Harbor Park (open through September 24)
- Disney100: The Exhibition at The Franklin Institute (open through August 27)
- Philadelphia Latino Film Festival (open through July 9)
- Mid-Century to Manga: The Modern Japanese Print in America at the James A. Michener Art Museum (open through July 30)