NEWARK, Del. (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office has ruled that an apartment building fire in Newark was accidental.
The blaze broke out at 9:00 a.m. Sunday at the Glen Eagle Village Apartments on Sandalwood Drive.
Fire officials tell Action News the fire started in a second floor apartment and sent heavy smoke through the building.
Firefighters rescued several people from a third floor balcony.
The fire was placed under control within 30 minutes.
No one was hurt.
The fire marshal says the fire was caused by cooking materials igniting on the stove inside that second floor apartment.
Seven residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Damage from the fire was estimated at $10,000.
Balcony rescues reported in apartment building fire in Newark, Delaware
More TOP STORIES News