Stereo may have sparked Delran fire

January 10, 2008 4:11:50 PM PST
A stereo system was the apparent source of a fire that sent dozens of people fleeing their apartments last week in Delran, Jersey. The fire broke out just before 2-30 in the morning on January 2nd.

A spokesperson for the Hunters Glen Apartment complex said that a resident awoke and saw her stereo on fire.

While not specifying an exact cause, fire investigators say that all the evidence points to the stereo or the power strip it was plugged into.

No one was hurt. But eight apartments sustained extensive fire or smoke damage.


Load Comments