Pa. wedding ills blamed on bartender

October 23, 2008 4:24:50 AM PDT
State investigators say an ill bartender and a contaminated ice machine sickened two newlyweds and about 70 guests who attended a wedding reception at a volunteer fire company hall in western Pennsylvania. Investigators from the state health and agriculture departments blamed the illnesses on the norovirus, a common illness that causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Investigators say they found black residue and pink slime in the ice machine at the the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Company in Washington County where the reception was held Oct. 11. They say the bartender at the event was also ill at the time. The ice machine has been sanitized.

The fire company has not returned a call for comment.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments