Carbon monoxide fumes sicken five

February 7, 2009 4:24:36 AM PST
Four adults and a child were overcome by the so-called invisible potential killer gas.

The victims were inside a home at 308 Butler Avenue in Chalfont.

Firefighters and medics were dispatched to the home around 5:20 this morning.

The five people inside were complaining of headaches, dizziness, and being light-headed - symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Medical helicopters flew to the neighborhood to rush the residents to hospitals.

Investigators are exploring the possibility that a heater in Tony D's salon below the home malfunctioned, sending fumes into the home.

CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter

CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website

CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments