Lehigh University student burned in house fire

November 27, 2012 1:13:27 PM PST
A student at Lehigh University is being treated for burns after an early morning fire tore through an off-campus house.

Firefighters responded to the 2-alarm fire in south Bethlehem around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

Deputy Fire Commissioner Robert Novatnack said the blaze appears to have started in the first-floor bedroom belonging to Lehigh student Andrew Douglas.

He said Douglas suffered burns on various parts of his body and is being treated at a burn unit for non-life-threatening injuries.

Fire Capt. Raymond Buttillo said one firefighter suffered a back strain but didn't require treatment.

A total of 15 residents in the area were forced from their homes because of the fire.


Load Comments