Journalist in NSA surveillance case: More to come

Glenn Greenwald, a reporter of Britain's The Guardian newspaper, speaks to The Associated Press in Hong Kong Tuesday, June 11, 2013. Greenwald, the journalist who interviewed Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old contractor who allowed himself to be revealed as the source of disclosures about the U.S. government's secret surveillance programs, said he had been in touch with Snowden, but declined to say whether he was still in Hong Kong and said he didn't know what his future plans were. (AP Photo/Vincent Yu)
June 11, 2013 6:48:10 AM PDT
The journalist who exposed classified U.S. surveillance programs leaked by an American defense contractor said Tuesday that there will be more 'significant revelations' to come from the documents.

"We are going to have a lot more significant revelations that have not yet been heard over the next several weeks and months," Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian.

Greenwald told The Associated Press the decision was being made on when to release the next story based on the information provided by Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old employee of government contractor Booz Allen Hamilton who has been accused by U.S. Senate intelligence chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California of committing an "act of treason" that should be prosecuted.

Greenwald's reports last week exposed widespread U.S. government programs to collect telephone and Internet records.

"There are dozens of stories generated by the documents he provided, and we intend to pursue every last one of them," Greenwald said.

Snowden's whereabouts were not immediately known on Tuesday, although he was believed to be staying somewhere in Hong Kong.

No charges have been brought and no warrant has been issued for the arrest of Snowden.


Load Comments