Pets rescued from house fire in Newark, Delaware

Pug rescued from house fire in Newark, Delaware
October 1, 2013 6:28:48 PM PDT
A dog and a hamster were rescued from a burning home on Monday morning in Newark, Delaware.

The fire was reported around 8:00 a.m. in the unit block of Winsome Way.

Firefighters say they arrived to find flames shooting from the two-story home.

Fortunately, they managed to rescue the pets from the fire.

Images from the Action Cam show a firefighter carrying a pug, while the hamster's cage was resting on the front lawn.

The residents were not home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.

The fire marshal said the fire was started by an electrical malfunction in a dining room wall.

Investigators say they were at this house early Monday morning for a small fire caused by "discarded smoking materials."

Load Comments