Gov. Gary Herbert's strategic planner laid out the results of the first year of the switch for legislators on Wednesday. Mike Hansen says the state saved around $500,000 on energy, $200,000 on janitorial services and $4.1 million in overtime pay.
The state hoped to save six times as much on energy.
The problem was that the state couldn't close as many buildings as it planned and didn't save much by closing smaller buildings. Also, the state thought gasoline and utility costs would soar, but they actually fell over the past year.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys