More gruesome testimony in Casey Anthony trial

Casey Anthony is comforted by her attorney Dorothy Clay Sims during Anthony's murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse, Friday, June 10, 2011 in Orlando, Fla. Anthony, 25, is charged with killing her daughter Caylee in the summer of 2008. (AP Photo/Joe Burbank, Pool)

June 10, 2011 8:51:40 AM PDT
A day after falling ill when jurors saw pictures of her 2-year-old daughter's skull, Casey Anthony returned to an Orlando courtroom, to hear more gruesome testimony as her murder trial resumed.

She broke down in tears and starting shaking when a professor of anthropology testified that some of her daughter Caylee's bones had been chewed on by animals. She was immediately comforted by defense attorney Dorothy Simms.

Professor John J. Schultz of the University of Central Florida, told jurors how a team of forensics people carefully searched the wooded area, marking with tiny flags the locations where the child's bones were found.

Prosecutors resumed Friday where they left off when Judge Belvin Perry ended proceedings a day earlier after Anthony felt sick and had to leave the courtroom.

On Friday morning, jurors saw photos of the tattered and torn shorts and shirt Caylee was wearing when she died. Later, as they viewed pictures of Caylee's bones, Anthony looked down, covering her mouth with her fist.

Anthony is accused of first-degree murder. Prosecutors say she used duct tape to suffocate Caylee June 2008. The defense contends Caylee drowned in her grandparents' pool. Her remains were found in December 2008.

Cops called on overeager Casey Anthony watchers

Police had to break up an early-morning scuffle among spectators vying for limited seating at the trial.

According to WKMG-TV, more than 100 people gathered early Friday near the Orange County Courthouse in Orlando. Only the first 50 in line are allowed to watch the murder trial from inside the courtroom.

Court officials don't allow spectators to form their line until 5:30 a.m., though some had been waiting in a loose group nearby since 1 a.m.

The TV station reports that police were called after a scuffle broke out as people jockeyed for position. As the group ran to get in line, a woman was also knocked down and had to be taken away in an ambulance.