Chemical release injures worker in Wissinoming

WISSINOMING - February 21, 2014

The call went out before 6:00 a.m. Friday from a commercial building in the 5100 block of Comly Street.

The Philadelphia Fire Department tells Action News a worker was hurt after a 30-gallon release of nitric acid.

The injured worker was taken to Frankford Hospital in stable condition.

No other injuries were reported.

It took fire officials approximately 51 minutes to place the incident under control.

Copyright © 2023 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.