Cause named in Delaware apartment fire

August 7, 2008 5:27:03 AM PDT
Investigators with the State Fire Marshal's office say an electrical malfunction sparked a blaze that damaged a townhouse and several apartments near New Castle. Firefighters found flames coming from the second floor and the roof of a townhouse in the Scotch Hills complex when they arrived around 3:45 p.m. Wednesday.

Crews from seven fire companies brought the blaze under control in about 45 minutes.

The damage to the townhouse and eight apartments is estimated at $300,000. No one was injured.

Scotch Hills management and the Red Cross offered shelter to displaced residents.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments