None of the injuries were considered life-threatening, but officials said one firefighter suffered extensive cuts when a backdraft caused an explosion that shattered a window.
The fire broke out Sunday morning in Harrison and burned for several hours before it was brought under control. It's not yet clear what sparked the blaze, which apparently started in a restaurant on the building's ground floor and spread toward a nearby apartment building. No civilian injuries were reported.
The fire sent heavy, black smoke spewing from the two-story building. It also spurred travel delays and forced organizers to re-route a St. Patrick's Day parade being staged nearby.