District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman said the Montgomery County Prescription Drug Disposal Program was announced in anticipation of National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on April 27th.
Ferman said the sites will allow residents to "safely, conveniently and responsibly dispose of unused and unwanted prescription drugs throughout the year at no cost."
They do remind everyone that needles and other sharp items are prohibited due to safety concerns.
The locations are:
1. Montgomery County Courthouse
Airy and Swede Streets, Norristown, PA (both public entrances between 8:30 am and 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday)
2. Abington Police Department
1166 Old York Road, Abington, PA (24/7)
3. Franconia Police Department
671 Allentown Road, Franconia, PA (24/7)
4. Hatfield Police Department
2000 School Road, Hatfield, PA (24 hrs/day, Monday through Friday)
5. Limerick Police Department
646 West Ridge Pike, Limerick, PA (8:00 am ? 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday)
6. Lower Merion Police Department
71 East Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, PA (24/7)
7. Pottstown Police Department
100 E. High Street, Pottstown, PA (24/7)
8. Souderton Police Department
31 W. Summit Street, Souderton, PA (24/7)
9. Upper Merion Police Department
175 W. Valley Forge Rd., King of Prussia, PA (24/7)