2 injured in NJ meth lab fire

Click to watch the report from Action News
February 9, 2014 6:18:13 AM PST
Burlington County officials say an early morning fire that sent two people to the hospital was caused by a methamphetamine lab.

The fire broke out in a home on Bodine Avenue in Burlington Township just before 2:00 a.m. Sunday.

Investigators say a meth lab was set up in the home.

Firefighters knocked down the fire then retreated from the home to avoid being overcome by the fumes.

A man and a woman living in the house were transported to Virtua Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Several county hazardous material units were called out to the scene to decontaminate at least a half dozen firefighters outside of the home.

The incident remains under investigation.


Load Comments