6 to 8 servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 pounds bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup chicken broth. Add broccoli, bell pepper, and remaining chicken broth to skillet; mix well. Reduce heat to medium and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender-crisp.
3. Add scallops and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until scallops are firm and white.
4. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, soy sauce, and reserved chicken broth until smooth; stir into skillet and cook 1 minute, or until thickened. Serve immediately.