Retailing parent Sears Holdings is looking to get an edge over the competition by getting shoppers to start saving for Christmas presents.
It is offering a new card that mimics the Christmas club account of days gone by.
Shoppers can put aside money on a regular basis through Nov. 14 to add value to what it calls its Christmas Club card.
The Hoffman Estates, Ill.-based retailer operates Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart stores.
When activated between now and Oct. 31, card holders can earn a 3 percent reward, up to a maximum of $100, based on the card's value.
The launch follows Sears' move last holiday season to resurrect its layaway program at its namesake department stores after a two-decade hiatus.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys