CLAYMONT, Del. (AP) - August 25, 2009
Claymont Fire Company Chief Mark Harris said the fire started in
a furnace refractory at Evraz Claymont Steel Company on Monday when
molten steel dripped onto an electrical panel. Harris says
firefighters had to use ropes to free a man working on a crane
because there was no visibility inside the room.
Harris says employees were not allowed back into the unit that
caught fire because of smoldering metal inside. He says the unit
had smoke damage but it was not extensive. The State Fire Marshal's
Office is investigating.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal,