Engadget posted what it says is a leaked memo from Best Buy Co. talking about the price drop.
Representatives for Best Buy and Nintendo Co. did not immediately return phone messages left Wednesday by The Associated Press.
Speculation about a price cut has grown after Sony Corp. and Microsoft Corp. reduced prices on their systems in August. And video game blog Kotaku has posted what it says are images of flyers from major retailers advertising an upcoming Wii price cut.
The Wii is the top selling console worldwide.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys