The new look is ultramodern with red flame chandeliers and corrugated metal and brick walls.
It also includes decor elements inspired by the company's signature flame-broiled burgers.
Chairman and CEO John Chidsey (CHIHD'-see) says the design "feels so much more like an upscale restaurant."
It will take years before all Burger King's locations can be remodeled. Executives estimate the change will cost an average of $300,000 to $600,000 per restaurant.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys