The company says it is trying to cut losses in its refining business. The company says the recession, weak demand for refined products, and increased global refining capacity have made it hard to make a profit.
The company also says it will cut its dividend in half -- to 15 cents per share, down from 30 cents per share previously. The lower dividend takes effect in the first quarter of 2010.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys