- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds raw jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails left on
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons cilantro, 1 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper; mix well. Add shrimp in small batches and toss until evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add wine to skillet and stir for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened. Stir in heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, chipotles, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon sauce over shrimp and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve immediately with rice.
Recipe from "Fresh Mexico" cookbook, courtesy of Chef Marcela Valladolid
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2008 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.