Snyder's of Hanover announced Wednesday that it intends to acquire Utz Quality Foods. Both companies are located in Hanover, York County, and make pretzels, potato chips and other salty snacks.
Both companies are privately held, and the value of the deal was not disclosed.
Snyder's president Carl Lee Jr. says the company plans to continue operations in all four of the Utz plants in Hanover, plus the Snyder's of Hanover plant. He says no job losses are anticipated.
Utz chairman Mike Rice says they'll playing on the strengths of both companies as they move forward.
Information from: York Daily Record, http://www.ydr.com
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys