The traditional Thanksgiving meal, including turkey, buttered rolls and pumpkin pie, will cost 4% less than in 2008, a farm group said.
The American Farm Bureau Federation's grocery list of 12 items estimated the average cost of this year's Thanksgiving feast for 10 people will be $42.91, a decrease of $1.70 from last year's $44.61.
Thanksgiving is Nov. 26. "Consumers are benefiting at the grocery store from significantly lower energy prices and the effects of the economic slowdown," said bureau economist Jim Sartwelle.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys