McDonald's plans to open 1,000 new restaurants next year and renovate 2,300 existing locations.
At a meeting of company investors on Thursday, the fast-food giant said it would focus on opening new restaurants primarily in the U.S., Germany, France, Russia, China and Australia.
Specifically, McDonald's plans for 150 new U.S. locaions plus: 260 in Europe; 490 across Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Australia; 80 in Latin America; and 20 in Canada.
"Today's market conditions have accentuated our strengths," said McDonald's CEO Jim Skinner.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys