Seniors evacuated from Chester Co. apartments

June 28, 2012 5:18:27 AM PDT
Dozens of seniors spent part of early Thursday morning in an emergency shelter, because their building lost electricity yesterday.

It happened at the Oxford Terrace apartments on the 300 block of Market Street in Oxford Borough.

Tenants stayed in a shelter until about 2:15 this morning, when they were allowed to return to their homes.

Officials say, a delivery truck knocked out power to the senior living center, when it hit a transformer Wednesday afternoon.

The Red Cross helped about 40 people, providing food and a place to wait, until the power was restored..