Rescuing turtle, man bitten by snake

MIAMI (AP) - October 9, 2013

Miami Dade Fire Rescue reports that the man was placing the turtle into the grass by the side of the road Tuesday afternoon when the venomous Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake bit his hand.

A local newspaper reports that a friend immediately drove the 24-year-old man to a nearby hospital, where he was being treated with anti-venom. As of Tuesday night, the venom was only affecting the victim's left arm.

On Saturday, a ranger at Everglades National Park was bitten while trying to remove a snake from a storage closet. He was treated at a Homestead hospital.

Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.