San Bernardino County fire officials tell the Victorville Daily Press three girls removed the gasoline from an all-terrain vehicle last week at a Wrightwood home. They put the gas in a glass and took it to a playhouse behind the house.
Fire spokesman Eric Sherwin said Sunday the girls set the glass on fire, then were startled by an adult and knocked it over, making the flames flash and ignite the clothes of one of the girls.
The adult and the other girls smothered the flames with a blanket.
Officials describe the girl as pre-teen, but her age and name weren't released.