PINE HILL, New Jersey (WPVI) -- Nine families were displaced after a South Jersey apartment complex went up in flames Friday night.
The three-alarm fire broke out just before midnight on the 200 block of West Branch Avenue in Pine Hill.
Firefighters worked for over two hours before getting the flames under control.
No injuries were reported.
The Pine Hill Marshalls Office says the fire was accidental and caused by an improperly discarded cigarette on the balcony of an apartment.
There were 16 units in the building, and all were affected by fire, smoke, or water damage.
The American Red Cross is assisting 23 people.