Almost everyone has experienced some sense of loss or grieving during the pandemic.
It could be losing a loved one, losing a job, or just mourning the loss of the way life used to be.
Grief can be overwhelming and unexpected endings can cause strong negative emotions. Mental health experts say it's important to keep the following things in mind:
- Acknowledge the feelings of loss without judgment, allow yourself to feel sad.
- Stay connected and talk to friends and family -- call, video chat or meet outside with precautions
- Journaling can also help express feelings
- Create a new routine. Be sure to include exercise, hobbies and sleep.
- If you're struggling, reach out to a mental health professional for help.