16th dog dies after Pa. kennel explosion

March 8, 2009 7:51:33 AM PDT
Another dog has died in the aftermath of a propane explosion at a northeastern Pennsylvania kennel. Fifteen dogs died Friday after the 2 p.m. explosion in at Pazzazz Pet Boarding kennel in Franklin Township.

Another thirteen dogs were taken to nearby animal hospitals. But one of the kennel's owners, Karen Tracy, says a three-year-old Chow Chow named Shamrock didn't make it through the night and died Saturday.

Six other dogs were released.

Tracy is calling the driver of a propane delivery truck a hero. She says he was filling the tank when the explosion happened and tossed a terrier to safety before escaping himself.

Officials say a spark or static electricity may have started the blaze.

---

Information from: The Morning Call, http://www.mcall.com

CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter

CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website

CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments