Lightning may have sparked house fire

July 12, 2009 5:13:06 AM PDT
Lightning from overnight storms may have sparked a fire that damaged a historic home in Burlington County. The fire broke out just before 2:00 a.m. along Filbert Street in Medford Township.

Firefighters found the third floor engulfed in flames, which quickly made its way down to the second floor.

Officials believe lightning struck the home. The family living there reported hearing a loud bang before the blaze broke out.

The house, which was built in 1887, sustained extensive smoke and water damage.

3 people were displaced, but luckily no one was injured.

Follow Action News on Twitter

Get Action News on your website

Follow Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments